Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Conscious Box - April 2013

This post is WAY late. I thought I had done it weeks ago! Oops.
This box is the last of the three month deal I got from Living Social... Or was it Plum District? Sorry I can never keep all those flash sale sites straight. I'm kind of sad to see it go but at a regular price of $19.99 it's a little out of my price range right now. But we'll see...

I love these Earth Friendly Products. And with all these subscription boxes I haven't had to buy laundry detergent for quite a while! This one has a mild scent. I only wish there was an easy way to measure it out.


I've tried a few types of "added greens" over the last few years, so I'll give this one a try. It looks like the ones they sell on the Conscious box site are in capsule form. I would have preferred that. Part of the reason I end up not using the greens is I can never find the right liquid to mix them in. Water seems weird and I don't drink much juice.

I guess they know I like to get me greens since I also got a sample of Earthrise Spirulina. The silver package is chocolate covered greens! I admit it was pretty good but I don't know if I'd pay around $3 a bar for these (which is the price I've seen around the web.) It certainly eliminates the need to mix the greens into a liquid! Speaking of easy to take the Q Speed fast melt CoQ10 is great for that. Another supplement I keep hearing I should be taking. So it's worth a shot.


I have liked every 7th Generation product I've ever tried, these face wipes were no exception. I only wish there was more! Nice light orange scent. The totlogic lotion was great! There was enough that my daughter and my husband also tried it. Nice smooth feel and a very light scent. No reason an adult couldn't use this.


This Nurtureme product is genius. You can reconstitute the powder to make your traditional baby food like product or you can use the powder as is to sprinkle over the food you can get your toddler to eat. I know some people think it's bad to "sneak" in veggies but I think it just gives an extra boost. I still try to get her to eat veggies but in the mean time I'll give this a shot.

The whey product is a powder to mix into water. I haven't had a chance to try it yet because I only occasionally use a mix for a meal replacement. I can't say anything bad about Celestial Seasonings! This is another yummy tea.

This lip balm deserved a close up. The container reminds me of all those lip balms I had as a kid in the 70s. And it works great! It's not at all sticky but stays on your lips for a few hours. And no weird taste.

I was skeptical of this Coromega Omega 3 squeeze. So many omega 3s have a fishy taste and this one was supposed to be pineapple orange. And it's a gel in a packet about the size of fast food ketchup packet. I took a deep breath and squeeze it in my mouth. Imagine my happy surprise when it tasted fruity and nothing else! No weird after taste, and no revisiting the taste later. This is a great supplement, I'll be looking in to getting more.

I still don't know if the value of the box adds up to the 20 bucks each month but it is fun to try so many natural and organic ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment