Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

PopSugar Must Have Box - January 2013

From what I've seen PopSugar has taken a lot of criticism for it's boxes the last few months. I can't say I agree with that sentiment. I'm still really happy with the boxes I've received. Of course I didn't order the Luxury boxes and it seems a lot of disappointment stems from those boxes. Having seen the pictures of the contents I would probably agree with that. That being said, if PopSugar goes back to focusing on the monthly Must have boxes, I think many people will be much happier.
I thought the January box was a nice mix of things we look for in January. New Years Resolutions often mean starting a new work out regimen. And for those of us in colder climates, we need something to warm us up.

The Stability Ball covers the resolution part just fine. The box included a card with six different exercises to do using the ball. What you can't see from the picture is that it also includes an air pump to blow up the ball. You may not think that's a big deal but plenty of them do not come with one or worse are made to blown up by mouth. By the time I finish that, I'm not so inclined to work out anymore. I've only gotten to use the ball briefly as my 2 1/2 year old daughter has claimed it as her own since shortly after it was inflated. But it's held up really well!



As for warming you up on a cold January day, what's better than hot chocolate? Um... hot chocolate with marshmallows! I'm sipping on the milk chocolate variety as I type this. I tend toward dark chocolate but figured I'd start with the milk. it's a really good quality chocolate (especially for milk!) It's at least comparable to a Dove bar. It melted really nicely in my almond milk and went well with the little mallow bits that were also included in the box. I just found out that these are available on Amazon. Unfortunately the shipping is three times the cost of the pop. I guess I'll have to savor that dark chocolate one.

First, I apologize for the quality of this picture, the bars just didn't want to cooperate and smile pretty. The Think Thin bars were all delicious. And that's saying a lot since one had coconut in it. Coconut and I have not gotten a long for years. The Divine bar had such a good chocolate taste to it that I almost didn't notice the coconut! The only negative is that the peanut butter bar was to many calories for a snack but not enough to be a meal replacement. I guess I could have paired it with fruit and made it breakfast... 
  

The Epicuren Discovery Lip Balm is a nice addition to a winter box. I can never have enough lip balm, especially in the winter. It does contain tea tree oil, which I personally don't have a problem with but I know plenty of people who do. I like the texture. The last item is pure fun. here's a better picture Timebomb. I only wish I had video to post. it's got a hidden button that causes this multicolor LED light show. Cheezy? Probably. Infinitely amusing to a toddler? You bet! Some of the criticism is that this is not a professions persons watch. But isn't that what weekends are for? It's fun and at least I didn't get pink.
 
 Overall I'm happy with the PopSugar Must Have box for January. I got a reduced rate for my three month subscription but this value is still way higher than full price. And I'll use all of these items. Well done PopSugar!


No comments:

Post a Comment