Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009

Poem A Day 15 & 16

Day 15 prompt: Take a favorite poem, alter the title and write a poem using your new title
http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/

Where Does the Sidewalk End?
I was told to go this way ‘til I could go no more.
But now I’ve been walking since many years before.
Who knew that concrete covered so much of this earth?
I’ve missed my children and grandchildren’s birth!
My knees and my back are starting to bend.
Where, oh where does this sidewalk end?


Day 16 prompt: color

Blue is blue and
Green is green
But what the heck does that mean?
Black is dark
Yet absence of color
Purple the mark
Of royalty and peace
An interesting pairing
- To say the least.
Silver and gold sparkle and shine
The beautiful necklace that’s only mine
Red can be anger or sacrifice
Color is you and what you have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment