Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

pad 13 & 14

Day 13 prompt: a hobby

Genealogy
I want to tell the stories of those who came before,
All the people who make me who I am.
Pictures and papers with so much in store,
Waiting for me to open the dam.
Taking what I know of dates and places
- Bringing them to life and giving them faces.
Those who didn’t have voices before
Now whisper to me,
Making me want to search more.

Day 14 prompt: love poem

Through the mist I see your face.
It guides me to peace
- Away from this place.
You touch me across great divides.
I reach back and know
There is nothing to hide.
We fit together so well
- Like missing pieces.
The shining moon
The glowing sun
Taking turns
As we have
In lifetimes before.

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/

No comments:

Post a Comment