Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2018

30 days of Meditation Check in #2

Week 2 seemed to focus on reducing anxiety and calming the mind. Seems like a good idea to me. During meditation my brain is often shouting at me about all the things I should be doing.
Is this working? I'm not sleeping any better at this point but the girl is. So, maybe. I will keep it up at least through the end of the month I think. It is nice to share a quiet few minutes with the girl not looking for shoes or trying to get out the door. And she looks forward to these sessions even though she still falls asleep about half the time.


Is my mind quieting down? A little. I did find myself wondering how much time was left on at lease 2 days. But it does seem like my thoughts wander a bit less. I did fall asleep once this week. Oops. Am I thinking more positively? I don't think so. It's been a frustrating time so perhaps I'm just so distracted by all of that for this to "sink in"


I still highly recommend https://www.doyouyoga.com/programs/30-day-meditation-challenge/ She builds a little on previous meditation but not so much that you can't jump in on a topic of interest.


See you after week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment