Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

30 Days of Meditation check in #1

For my first challenge I was inspired by a few things. They started a meditation group at work. Meets on Mondays and is only about five minutes. I can handle that! Oh wait the rest of the week... I found this handy web site! https://www.doyouyoga.com/programs/30-day-meditation-challenge/ . The best part is it's free. Well the meditation challenge is, I haven't explored the rest yet.


So I was off to a great start and then completely forgot on day 2! Oops. But the point of this challenge is to just keep going! A fresh start and a new partner on October 3rd. The girl has declared that she will be joining me on my 30 day challenges. Or at least this one.


Day 4, I lost my partner to the sandman. But I did it! Four days in a row. Yay!


Finding a web site that is starting me on the path to regular meditation has been helpful. The very first day was a simple getting started in meditation and was only 5 minutes. While I have done meditation in the past, it was a long time ago (we won't talk about how long...). Other days in the first week covered reducing stress, calming the mind and being mindful. Small confession. I fell asleep during the mindful meditation exercise on day 6. Oops. I was just being... asleep. 😊


So is it working? I think this is definitely one that has potential. But after week 1, I think it's to soon to tell.
Will I keep going? Yes! A nightly check in with myself certainly can't hurt. And it's only been a week. After my "false start" I was able to string 7 days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment