Search This Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

PopSugar Must Have - October 2013

The last box PopSugar Must Have before the price increase goes into effect November 4th. If you are a current subscriber you can upgrade to a 3 month, 6 months or 1 year subscription to lock in the lower price. I pay for these boxes but if you use my referral link I can earn a free one!

NYX liquid eyeliner in black - I haven't used liquid eyeliner since the 80s so I wasn't thrilled with this being in the box. But I figured I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did. It takes me a little time to apply it but it looks pretty good. I know it's not a luxury brand but it is a full size item!

I don't wear much eye shadow but even when I do these colors are not me. However they look like they were hand picked for my sister. So guess who got an early Christmas present :-) Last I heard, she loved them.

I wish I could figure out a better way to photograph nail polish. I've never tried Julep because a subscription that's all nail polish just isn't for me. But this color is a pretty blue and the Julep topcoat that everyone raves about are a fun try.
October is breast cancer awareness month so I always expect something pink. And it's the one time I can accept it without argument. The Gorjana Charity Ball Bead bracelet is very reminiscent of the string bracelets little girls make for each other. On my small wrists it worked but I know many people had a tough time getting this to fit. The biggest shocker for me was the price tag. Apparently this retails for $45! I guess you have to remember most of the money goes to a good cause.

Jane Tran bobby pins - these are pretty darker colors, from a purpley to green. And they stay in my hair!
The Wet Brush - I tried using this brush to help work conditioner through my long and thick hair and it sort of works. Turns out my little 3 year old likes it even more. She has decided it's her bath hair brush. And I can't argue, it works like a charm!

The Crispery Halloween Crisp cake - I held this in my hand so you could see how huge this thing was. Think of a rice crispy but a bit heavier on the marshmallow. It was soft but not sickeningly sweet. I'd love to get more of these but I hear shipping from this company is pricey.

Stitch Fix gift card/credit - I've been wanting to try Stitch Fix but didn't want to gamble the 20 bucks. You lose the styling fee if you don't keep anything. So this was the perfect chance for me to try risk free. Turns out my concern was unfounded. I ended up keeping two items and they others fit well, they just weren't my taste. I'll probably try again after the holidays.

The Can't Cook Book by Jessica Seinfeld - Well I actually can cook. But sometimes a visual aid is helpful, so I kept this book. It has some good recipes and great step by step instructions on some cooking basics that I admit I still haven't mastered.

Overall a good box and a good value. Not things I would have bought myself but I enjoyed all the items.

No comments:

Post a Comment