Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Yuzen - Fall 2013

I got an email a couple weeks ago that my name had come up on the waiting list for Yuzen. I already knew what was in the fall box and was a little intrigued. Plus the box has gotten excellent reviews, so I thought it was worth a try. This one only comes out quarterly so it really is seasonal. So here it is, my first Yuzen box!

Here's the first look. It's sure pretty!

Torie & Howard Organic Hard Candy - in blood orange and honey. These were yummy! And a full size package.
The Sanitas Vita-Rich Serum - This has a really nice feel and a little goes a long way. It definitely moisturizes but I can't speak to the promised long term effects of healthier looking skin (obviously.)
Ajara Ayurvedic Beauty Tea Bath Sachet - I only wish there was more than 1! This had a nice light relaxing scent. I was actually able to use it a second time after letting it dry out before putting it back in the outer bag. I may try to reuse the sachet.
Coola Mineral Sunscreen - I love the feel of Coola products and this is no exception. A sunscreen that has a moisturizer feel. Yeah! Because yes, you still need sunscreen in the fall.

Acure Argan Cell Stimulating Body Wash - Argan is everywhere it seems. Not that I'm complaining, I love the scent and feel of it. This body wash is no exception.
Sphatika Rose Cleansing Foam - I don't really get a rose scent from this but that's a good thing. I like rose but so many rose scented things seem to hit you over the head with the scent. This doesn't. And it has a nice feel and doesn't dry out my face.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive - I am really becoming a fan of this brand. This Peel fits right in. It works well with just a little bit. But it only gets tingly, there's no burning feeling like I get from some peels.
Verve Organics Blissful Sugar Scrubs - I liked this scrub the first time I used it but since then it seems to have separated. I stirred it a bit with my finger and that seemed to help but it's still coarser than the first use. Ironically my 3 year old loves it. I think she just likes the idea of rubbing sugar on her toes. :-)

Overall a good first box for me. The candy was full size and the other products were travel size packages. Not a bad value for the $33 subscription. I can see why people were sad when they went to a quarterly box.

No comments:

Post a Comment