Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Birchbox February 2013

This post is pretty late, especially since I just received the March box. I'm just not that excited about Birchbox anymore. Part of that might have to do with the fact that two of the last three months I have had to contact customer service. In January I was sent the wrong item. Not a big deal except that I couldn't review for points the item I did receive. Birchbox sent me the correct item and I got to keep the other sample. This month an item was just missing. I received an email that they would send it to me but it will take at least ten days. Oh well. On to the February box!


Just about every subscription box had chocolate in it in February. No complaints here! Birchbox opted for the delicious Ghiradelli caramel square. If these were a little darker chocolate I'd be even happier. The other item pictured is a Wei Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask. Eight of these go for $42 so I doubt I'll be trying them again anytime soon. The full size comes with a brush for application. The sample does not. I wish I could figure out what kind of brush it comes with to give this a fair and full trial. Either way, hopefully I'll have time to try this out this coming weekend. Maybe.

Sorry for the poor quality of this photo. My camera was being uncooperative that day. The spray bottle is Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle. I love leave in conditioners in a spray bottle. It makes it so much easier to make sure I get it through all of my hair (it's long and there's a lot of it.) I'm not so excited about another nail polish. I don't use polish very often and the last time I used one this red was at the request of a community theater director for a show I was in. Well I can save this for fun time with D I suppose since the Color Club colors are free of formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP.

I can't think of the last time I got a Birchbox without a perfume sample. This months was Juicy Couture Couture La La. It's a nice light scent. Unfortunately my sample leaks on my hand every time I spray it. But it is a nice scent. I'm actually wearing it today! But at $90 I remember why I don't buy much perfume. The Wei Pomegranate Buffing Beads are almost a thing of genius. You sprinkle these in to your hand after adding your regular face cleanser and it turns it into an exfoliant with a great texture. My face felt great after using this.

Overall not a bad Birchbox. I've enjoyed trying things I doubt I would buy on my own. And isn't that the point of these subscription boxes. The only reason I might cancel this one is because I just don't get excited when I know it's on the way any more. It's not you Birchbox, it's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment