Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Birchbox - September Review

Birchbox was my first subscription find. Some criticize this one for many sample size items. At a cost of $10 and some full size items it's well worth the price. Plus you can review the items on the web site to gain points which can be redeemed for purchase of full size items. I love the skin care items I've received over the last few months since I started this subscription. So what's in the box?
I admit this one looked a little disappointing at first but let's take a closer look.
 I have really liked other products from the Boscia brand and this one does not disappoint. It has a great feel to it and doesn't dry out my already dry skin. Definitely use with a sponge if you don't have a separate exfoliation.
 These are make up brush covers. They are well made but I don't wear much make up so I don't have all the fancy brushed that go with that. So I"m not sure what I'll use these for. Any suggestions?
 I am now in love with BB! This is the second brand that I've tried. This one goes on with a nice sheer finish. I always worry about tinted stuff because I'm so fair skinned (READ: PALE) but it blends really nicely and evens out my skin tone quite a bit.
 These Twistband hair ties are popping up everywhere! I'm glad I didn't buy one yet because after I got this one I got 3 more in another subscription box. It's a good hair tie. I have a lot of hair and it holds it pretty well. The only problem I had with it is that after a few hours it started to slide down my hair. I have this problem a lot and have started buying the no slip grip ties. On the positive side, when I pulled it out it didn't take any of my hair with it. Yeah!
 I don't polish my nails often but this is a pretty enough color that I might start. It went on really well and looked pretty good even before I added the second coat. Not a bad quality when you might have to stop mid polish to chase a toddler!

The only negative is that I wish there were more of these in the box. Great scent and nice feel. They are not cleanser but meant to be used as a sort of pick me up through out the day. I don't know how that would go over if you wear make up but as I often don't I loved the feel.







No comments:

Post a Comment