Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2009

PAD Day 27 & 28 - FINALLY!

Day 27 prompt: a poem of longing

To walk in the footsteps of those who came before.
To hear the voice above the whisper that comes from the turn of each page.
To feel that need to cross vast oceans
To see the faces that would all become mine
To know them
- Thus better know myself.

Day 28 prompt: A sestina - You pick 6 words, rotate them as the end words in 6 stanzas and then include 2 per of the words per line in your final stanza.
**the other option was to write a poem ABOUT a sestina. Since I was trying to squeeze them all in I wimped out on this one. Hope to tackle it someday soon...

Oh sestina, you break my heart
But not for you, I would be a part
Of the group that wrote a poem a day,
Or at least wrote 30 by the 1st of May.
I stared at the page until my eyes were dry.
If I wanted to, I could not cry.
But wait these words - they rhyme.
So I created a poem just in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment