Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oops, I found What I Wasn't Looking For

Genealogy research is full of  hints that seemingly lead nowhere and searches that give no results. When you find that special nugget of new information it's worthy of celebration. So when you find something by accident I think it deserves extra celebration. I logged onto Ancestry the other day to look up a birth date since I wasn't at home to have access to my full database. I happen to glance at the Member Connect Activity list and saw a name I didn't recognize had added a census record for one of my great grandfathers siblings. Out of curiosity I clicked on the "View in tree" link. And to my delight, the above picture appeared! The baby on his mother's lap is my great grandfather. I have seen pictures of him as a young man and pictures of his father much older than here. This picture was taken in mid 1892 and may be one of the oldest pictures I have of my family (so far.) Not a bad little accidental find in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment